Prevention and Prohibition of Sexual Harassment
As per the Supreme Court Judgment and guidelines issued in 1997 to provide for the effective enforcement of the basic human right of gender equality and guarantee against sexual harassment and abuse, more particularly against sexual harassment at work places, the University Grants Commission (UGC) has issued circulars since 1998, to all the universities, advising them to establish a permanent cell and a committee and to develop guidelines to combat sexual harassment, violence against women and ragging in colleges and universities. Keeping the above guidelines in mind Viswass College of Nursing has constituted a Committee against Sexual Harassment.
Vision :To engage in persistent pursuit of combating sexual harassment.
Mission :To bring in the value of culture in co-education and enhance the quality of life. The Anti- Sexual Harassment Cell has been established to provide a healthy and congenial atmosphere for all the staff members and students.
- To develop guidelines and norms for policies against sexual harassment
- To develop principles and procedures to combat sexual harassment
- To work out details for the implementation these policies.
- To prepare a detailed plan of actions, both short and long term
- To organize gender sensitization awareness programme.
- To deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment in a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimized